Saturday 18 June 2011

Wing tip lights..

Well one of the things with older kits, that I build, is the lack of wing tip lights, some times i don't mind, other times I do. I've tried the tip of cutting the light out and adding a section of square sprue and then sand to sahpe, but is a long winded pain, and I've had the clear plastic fall out before.... so after some thought, I tried cutting the light out, filling the light with Superglue gel, set with accelerator, and then polished up, and here are the results on a Matchbox Wellington...

Lights cut out and some little lengths of stretched clear sprue glued in, and painted silver and blue..

After filling with superglue gel, and set with accelerator, in about three layers, then sanded and polished with Micromesh pads.

1 comment:

Hetstaine said...

Very nice! Good tip.

Post a Comment