Friday 23 September 2011

Airfix Red Arrows Hawk - wings..

Well after having warm fuzzies about my first new tool, I am am losing the glow, especially after building the Hurricane last weekend.

I'm building wheels up, and Airfix supply two sets of doors, sweet so in they go, and..
[linked image]
so filled with card and then join the wings but....
[linked image]
get this gap, due to..
[linked image]
the undercarriage leg mount, so sliced off and gap is gone.

Good now attach wings and we have wing root gaps..
[linked image]
[linked image]
more card to fill, also we have steps..
[linked image]
[linked image]
I thinned the wing as much as I dared before, they were a lot worse.

Oh well more fill and sanding, so I attached the intake halves..
[linked image]
filled the two mounting holes in them and painted.

Hmm I'm definitely plodding along with this one, and am disappointed with it, I think I had high hopes due to the reviews of it. I might have to dive in to "The Stash" and get old an old Airfix kit....

1 comment:

AndrewR said...

The Airfix 1:72 Spitfire Mk I and Mk I/II new tools are the ones to get Jim. They fit nicely and are worthy successors to the old Mk I kit, which is a goody too...

I was disappointed with the Hawk too.

cheers

Andrew

Post a Comment