Saturday 17 September 2011

Scramble! - Airfix Hurricane in a weekend - 3

Paint tonight, its been soooo long since I brushed painted a camo scheme, probably the last time these Humbrol authentics were used...
[linked image]
so since it would have been alomst mmhhhrrmm years ago, I gave them a whizz with the elecrtic paint stirrer.

Sky on first, and had to grab another tin, the paint was drying realy fast, and not very brush friendly..
[linked image]
so I grabbed another Authentics Sky, which was much easier to use. Then black, a test of my free hand lines, not bad, only had a couple of touch ups, not much coffee today so that helped happy.gif

Top camo on...
[linked image]
oh it was so nice not having to mask, and getting all the colours done in one session. took me right back mmhhhrrmm years ago. Then Duck egg blue fuselage band and Brick red for the exhausts, just like mmhhhrrmm years ago, and a bit of silver on the wing landing lights.

Washed the Jim the pilot and painted the canopy frames, a bit wobbly as eyes getting a bit sleepy. 

Great fun this building like I used to as an eager lad.

No comments:

Post a Comment